This item is featured in:
Welfare Benefits Up-rating Bill
- Document type
- Date of publication
- 20 December 2012
- Session 2012/13, Bill 116
- Legislation, Poverty Alleviation Welfare Benefits and Financial Inclusion
- Social welfare
- Material type
This Bill makes provision relating to the up-rating of certain social security benefits and tax credits. The measures contained within this Bill implement decisions made as part of the Autumn Statement 2012. The Bill has three clauses and one schedule:
- Clause 1 provides for the up-rating of certain social security benefits and payments by 1 per cent in the tax years 2014 - 15 and 2015 - 16
- Clause 2 provides for the up- rating of certain elements of tax credits by 1 per cent in the tax years 2014 - 15 and 2015 - 16
- Clause 3 contains the miscellaneous measures and technical provisions in the Bill.
- The Schedule sets out the “relevant sums” for the purposes of Clause 1 and the “relevant amounts” for the purposes of Clause 2 .