The modern families index 2018
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Working Families (Organization : Great Britain)
- Working Families
- Date of publication
- 19 January 2018
- People management: all aspects of managing people
- Business and management
- Material type
The Modern Families Index is the most comprehensive survey of how working families manage the balance between work and family life in the UK.
Key findings include:
- Parents are working far beyond their contracted hours.
- These long hours are causing damage - on time spent together as a family and on parental relationships and wellbeing.
- Many families aren’t even ‘just about managing’ - with neither the time nor money they need.
- Working parents are taking significant action including deliberately stalling their careers. This is evidence of a ‘parenthood penalty’.
- The right to request flexible working has not gone far enough to deliver work life balance for families.
Related to People management: all aspects of managing people
Downloadable briefing on pay in the second quarter of 2018
Downloadable report on the creation of a national job quality measurement framework
Downloadable paper on minimum wages in the UK