- Art music and popular culture (1)
- Authors artists and activists (1)
- Capturing and creating the modern (1)
- Civilians (6)
- European influence (1)
- Exploring identity (1)
- Historical debates (8)
- Life as a soldier (8)
- Literature 1900 1950 (1)
- Origins outbreak and conclusions (34)
- Power and conflict (1)
- Propaganda (8)
- Race empire and colonial troops (17)
- Representation and memory (5)
- The arrivants (1)
- The war machine (12)
- War (1)
- Wounding and medicine (4)
- A Vassallo (1)
- A. E. Horner (1)
- Arthur Doyle (1)
- Charles Hilton DeWitt Girdwood (4)
- Clement K. Shorter (1)
- F. Klimesch (1)
- Filippo Tommaso Marinetti (1)
- George Allardice Riddell (1)
- Hope Mirrlees (1)
- Luigi Camposampiero (1)
- Maulvie Sadr Ud Din (1)
- Paul Haase (1)
- Sergio Canevari (2)
- The War Office (1)
- Virginio Mazzelli (1)
- Walter John Ingram (1)
- Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze (2)
- Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Roma (1)
- Bibliothèque nationale de France (2)
- Bibliotheque Nationale et Universitaire de Strasbourg (1)
- British Library (21)
- Det Konglige Bibliotek (6)
- Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico (4)
- Oesterreichische Nationalbibliothek (2)
- Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin (2)
Showing 45 results
A small crowd gathers in an Italian city around a poster announcing the death of the Austro-Hungarian Emperor Franz Jose...
What is this? The start of the First World War saw the publication of large amounts of supportive, patriotic ephemera d...
In addition to materials produced for official use, map publishers kept the general public readily supplied with a range...
This book by Filippo Tommaso Marinetti (1876-1944) was first published in Paris in 1909, and reprinted in Italian in 191...
What is this? The start of the First World War saw the publication of large amounts of supportive, patriotic ephemera ...
From the very beginning of war, colonial troops were heavily used in the French army. France’s population was less than ...
This photograph shows Danish communist leader Thøger Thøgersen giving a speech on 10 November 1918. Th&osl...
This 1916 map illustrates the ethnographic make-up of Central Europe for a high-level strategic audience such as the War...
This is a file from the Political & Secret Department of the India Office. It contains a confidential note compiled by t...
This is a publication about the actions one of the West Indian battalions active in the First World War. Over 15,000 men...
The French Prime Minister Georges Clémenceau played a key role at the Peace Conference held in Versailles in June...
This anti-German propaganda poster is a rare example. The scene depicted shows how the people would be destroyed if Ital...
This picture shows H P Hanssen delivering a speech at Denmark’s reunification celebrations on 11 July 1920, at the entre...
Musical score, Illustration
The cover of this piece of music is decorated with the national personification of Italy, Italia turrita: a young woman...
This pro-German poster depicts a girl waving a Schleswig-Holstein flag, a region lost by Denmark to Germany many decades...