Our digital preservation experts work closely with the national and international digital preservation communities. We develop and implement best practice for very long term preservation of large scale and varied digital collections.
The team plays a key role within the Collection Management Department to implement best practice and policies across the digital content lifecycle. Operational activities are balanced against a proactive research and development programme. This ensures solutions remain effective despite ongoing and inevitable changes in the wider technological context.
Meet the team
- Maureen Pennock, Head of Digital Preservation
- Michael Day, Digital Collections Conservator
- Simon Whibley, Digital Collections Conservator
- Peter May, Technical Architect
- Akiko Kimura, Information Analyst
- Kevin Davies, Technical Analyst
- David Russo, Technical Analyst
- Sirisha Bajanki, Technical Analyst
- Michael Whitmore, IPS Technical Analyst
- Valene Jouvet, Disc Imaging Technician
- Colin Armstrong, Disc Imaging Technician