Join us for a day of talk and debate about contemporary US politics
• Professor George Edwards (Texas A&M University) on the Trump Presidency
• Professor Angelia Wilson (University of Manchester; Chair of the Political Studies Association), on Trump and the Christian Right
• Professor Jason Reifler (University of Exeter), Dr Maria Ryan (University of Nottingham), and Professor Scott Lucas (University of Birmingham) on US Foreign Policy
• Former Members of Congress Sam Farr (D-CA, 1993-2017) and Dan Benishek (R-MI, 2011-2017) share their insights
Two registration categories are available:
£25, includes lunch and all refreshments throughout the day
£10, includes refreshments in the two tea breaks only, no lunch
The draft programme (subject to change) is available here.
Participants may also be interested in a related evening event on the same day: Social Media and Interactive Representation in the US Congress, a talk by Dr Jacob Strauss (Congressional Research Service) and Dr Colleen Shogan (Library of Congress) exploring how the once static relationships between politicians and their constituents are changing as social media allows Members of Congress and the electorate to communicate their beliefs and preferences. The talk will be followed by a wine reception. For more information and to book visit the event page.
The colloquium is organised by the American Politics Group of the Political Studies Association in collaboration with the Eccles Centre for American Studies at the British Library. Supported by the US Embassy and the British Association for American Studies.
|Name:||American Politics Colloquium|
The British Library
96 Euston Road
Show Map How to get to the Library
Free Event: £0.00
|Enquiries:||+44 (0)1937 546546
* Please note that there is a £1.50 transaction fee when tickets are posted, or for telephone sales when an e-ticket is requested.