If you have never attended a Kickstart Your Business workshop before, please fill out the registration form in advance of the session. This form is crucial for our funding purposes (more detail below).
Delivered by the Reference Team at the British Library.
Intellectual property and its protection is vital for anyone with a business idea. This all-day workshop will help you understand the multiple areas of intellectual property and their relevance to your business, as well as provide you with practical tips on how to utilise the BIPC’s resources to protect, research and develop your business idea. By the end of the session you will understand and identify the importance of intellectual property in your own business and know the next steps to protect it.
- The fundamentals of using the BIPC’s and your library’s resources to develop a strategic roadmap for your business
- Introduction to databases, industry guides, external resources list, internet and library resources
- Value Proposition: trend, values, sustainability, wider issues
- Customer Segmentation: market research and customer discovery and understanding
- Partnership: company data and competitors
- Key Resources: research my IP and funding streams
- Help you make informed business decisions, plan and offer value to your customer
- Introduce the four areas of intellectual property (IP) – patents, trademarks, registered designs and copyright
- Help you understand which areas may apply to you and your business
- Examples of everyday IP in our lives
- A deeper dive into IP: time limits, registered or unregistered and other practical examples
When signing up to Kickstart Your Business, please fill out this registration form as well as registering on Eventbrite. As this project is funded by J.P. Morgan, this is important for our funding purposes. If you have previously completed this form, you do not need to fill this out again.
This is the first part of a two-day offering. To make the most of the free business support offered by the Kickstart Your Business programme, please also book to attend the Day 2 webinar - 'Get Started' - alongside this workshop.
These are fully funded programmes. Failure to attend on two separate occasions without prior cancellation will result in you being barred from attending future workshops. This is due to the cost of setting up each workshop and making preparations based on the number of sign-ups.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
When signing up to Kickstart Your Business, please fill out this registration form as well as registering on Eventbrite.
The Zoom link to access the webinar will be shared 24 hours before with registered attendees who have completed the registration form.
Seema Rampersad has a long career in the library and information field. She is currently the Business & IP Centre Service Manager at the Business & IP Centre at the British Library. Seema has worked with a diverse range of businesses from all sectors, especially helping those who are at a start-up and growth level.
Tony Corsini is a Business & IP Specialist at the Business & IP Centre (BIPC) at the British Library. Tony has worked for the BIPC for many years, helping customers with their research and reference, as well as delivering workshops, one-to-one advice clinics and project work to businesses related to the services and resources held in the Business & IP Centre.
23-24 Winslade Way