This workshop is hosted via Zoom over two consecutive days. Day 1 will be presented by Stefan Knox of Bang Creations and will focus on designing a product to take to market. Day 2 will be presented by David Warrilow of London IP and will explain the process of protecting your product idea. There will be a 15 minute break in between each hour-long session.
Part 3: How to Protect Your Product - 10:00 - 11:00
- Introduction to IP protection
- Protectability and infringement
Part 4: IP and Product Development - 11:00 - 12:00
- Patent and design
- Strategy and tactics
- IP ownership
Topics of discussion will include:
- Project planning
- Marketing and research and how this influence product design
- The differences between invention, design and innovation
- Idea creation
- Product design, development, costing, prototyping and margin
- Manufacture or license?
- Can you protect your idea with a patent or registered design?
- Will your idea infringe any third-party IP rights?
- Patent and design filing strategies and tactics.
- IP ownership issues
If the event does not have the minimum number of attendees then we reserve the right to cancel and you will be notified two days before the event, and have the option to change to a future workshop.
Meet the delivery partner
Do you want to know more about who’s running this webinar? Take a look at our blog to find out more about what you can expect on the webinar, their expertise and how they can help you.
About the BIPC
Don’t forget we have over £5m worth of online market reports from top publishers Mintel, Frost & Sullivan, Euromonitor amongst others, company data for over 144 million UK and global companies, over 60 million patents and more. With a Reader Pass you can access all of these resources for free before or after your workshop (or in the break if you can’t keep away!) and get your business ahead of the competition.