Confused by accounting? Uncertain about cash flow forecasting? Feeling like your finances are getting out of control?
If so come along to Get cash flow confident, a practical and stress-free way to get the financial knowledge, confidence and tools to help you understand, forecast and manage for growth.
The workshop covers the following:
1. Understanding the numbers
- The key financial reports i.e. profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet and how they fit together
- How to calculate and break even
- Why profit isn’t the same as cash
- How VAT works
2. Learn how to forecast
- Creating financial forecasts and projections
- How to forecast sales
- The importance of sensitivity
- How to use the integrated forecasting template which comes with the workshop (An Excel integrated 5 year P&L and Cash Flow model)
3. Top tips on managing for growth
- Essential tips on financial management e.g. accounting systems and managing your cash flow
- What trading format is best e.g. when to incorporate
- Day-to-day management of the financial function – e.g. do you need a bookkeeper, how to find an accountant etc.
- Raising capital without getting caught out by investors e.g. what is pre-money and post-money valuation
- Understanding how to value your business – how investors value your business e.g. PE ratios
This interactive workshop will give you the confidence to look after the financial side of your business or understand the finances if you delegate. As part of the workshop, you will also receive:
- Excel five year integrated profit & loss and cash flow forecast model worth at least £600 for you to forecast your business
- Copy of 90 minute online video 'Talk Money' worth £18.00
- Workshop handouts
- Glossary and checklist
- White papers on tax for entrepreneurs
- White paper on valuation
- Legal checklist
- Post workshop email support
About The Numbers Coach, Johnny Martin
Johnny Martin is The Numbers Coach – an experienced Finance Director, speaker and author who now passionately explains business numbers and jargon.
He’s helped thousands of businesses from all sectors overcome their fear of finance through 1:1 coaching and workshops. His approach bridges the gulf between business owners and the accountants, bankers and business angels who ‘talk business finance’.
He is a partner at the British Library Business & IP Centre where he regularly runs finance workshops. He has been awarded ‘High Impact’ awards for his workshops in Global Entrepreneurship Week and is a regular speaker at accelerators, Royal College of Art Innovation Unit, Startup Britain and Enterprise Nation.
What our users say
“I just wanted to say a huge ‘thank you’ for last night’s session at the British Library. It was unbelievably useful – I had a few real ‘eureka!’ moments. I can’t get over how satisfying it is to see the numbers finally making sense.” Hermione Taylor
Increase your chances of business success.
The British Library Business & IP Centre supports people to start, protect and grow their businesses. Don’t forget we have over £5m worth of online market reports from top publishers Mintel, Frost & Sullivan, Euromonitor amongst others, company data for over 144 million UK and global companies, over 60 million patents and more. With a Reader Pass you can access all of these resources for free before or after your workshop (or in the break if you can’t keep away!) and get your business ahead of the competition.