Get your business in the media - Identify your ‘hook’ for publicity
PR expert and founder of JH Public Relations, Jessica Huie MBE has partnered with the British Library to create a masterclass aimed at equipping small business owners and entrepreneurs, with the tools needed to generate their own publicity and raise the profile of their business on a limited budget.
PR is often viewed as a luxury beyond the reach of most small businesses. This two-part workshop will inform and re-educate on the necessity of PR for business growth and enable you to set up and manage your own PR campaign and get results. For most business owners and experts, identifying a newsworthy angle before pitching to media, is the most challenging step in raising your profile and securing media coverage. It’s not enough to tell a journalist about your business, you need to communicate what makes your business notable – you need a hook.Your ‘hook’ is the thing which will hook the media into wanting to write about you, and as a result, customers want to buy from you. It is the magic fact about you or your business which differentiates you from your competitors. Your hook is authentic, not a constructed sales spiel and in many cases it is the individual behind the business who is the strongest asset of the business – and therefore the hook. Most people are so busy running their business that they are blind to the elements of their brand which are most newsworthy.
Join Jessica Huie MBE’s masterclass and leave with an understanding of how to make your business appeal to journalists and secure media coverage to raise your profile.
Attendees at this workshop will learn and explore;
- Which elements of their business or brand will be most appealing to journalists
- What their personal business/brand hook is
- How to implement newsworthy partnerships or create events which will get the media writing about you
- How to create a PR campaign which will create visibility for your business/brand on and offline
- How to use media coverage to increase sales
- How to pitch to journalistsHow to maximise your media coverage
- Why PR is critical to your business success
- How to combine reactive and pro-active PR
- The value of ‘PR-able’ partnerships
- How to create content which enhances your online footprint
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- An understanding of how to create your press kit
- An understanding of the importance of a tailored media contact list in securing the right coverage for your business
- An understanding of how to create a twelve month PR plan for your business which raises your profile and takes your business to the next level