A masterclass offering writers of colour the inspiration and tools to get their work published.
Hear from a top-notch panel including:
• Michelle Pilley, the Managing Director and Publisher of Hay House UK, who will offer key advice learnt in her 30 years of successful publishing experience and will share expert knowledge of how to nail a publishing deal.
• Jessica Huie MBE, the author of Purpose, founder of JH Public Relations and the multicultural greeting card company, Color blind cards, who will draw on her many years of experience working with entrepreneurs and on high-profile PR campaigns to help you embrace visibility and get your message out there.
• Vex King, the British Indian Instagram influencer and author of Good Vibes, Good Life who will share his journey to finding an agent and getting a publishing deal and will offer advice on how you can build engagement with your message through social media.
You will learn:
• How to manifest the determination to write and publish your book
• How to choose between self-publishing and traditional publishing
• How to get a publisher’s attention
• How to find an agent
• How to write a book proposal
• How to handle rejections from publishers
• How to contact the press about your book
• How to build your online platform and social media
As Vex King says; ‘We need to hear from many voices and backgrounds, as everyone has a story to tell which will inspire others and set them on the path to self-healing.’
Don't miss this opportunity to get the inside-track on getting your voice heard from industry insiders.