You have decided to start or grow your business - and now you need investment. But where do you start?
Our popular How to Attract the Right Investors online workshop gets to the heart of what it takes to successfully raise investment, all based on the real-life experiences of hundreds of entrepreneurs (including the presenter).
You'll get insider information on the way investments are made and be given access to proven pitching templates and strategies.
In a nutshell
We'll cover how to secure investment through:
- angel investors
- venture capital
- Decide which investment avenues are right for your business
- Learn the quickest and most effective way of finding investors
- Secure the best deal and valuation for your business
- Save you time, money and energy in your search
14.00: The Kite Test - how your proposition will fly with investors
15.15: 45-minute break
16.00: The Path - how to reach the right investors
17.00: Open Q&A (optional)
Who is it for?
This webinar is ideal for ambitious entrepreneurs who are either in the start-up phase and are unsure of where or how to raise the capital to launch, or are already trading but need more capital to reach profitability and scale.
We'll also be giving you road-tested formulas and templates for attracting investment that have been evolved over a decade and validated by hundreds of investors.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of various investment options
- Know how to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign in double-quick time
- Have a proven template for creating a winning Executive Summary
- Know where and how to secure Venture Capital
- Understand how to take advantage of new government tax schemes
- Be able to value your business accurately
- Have an 'insiders list' of recommended small-business-friendly VCs, angel networks, lawyers, crowdfunding sites and more
- Know the best methods for dramatically increasing the credibility of your team with investors
- Have received priceless tips on how to pitch your business to an angel investor
- Know how to create a winning video pitch for crowdfunding
- Understand how to avoid the legal pitfalls when securing any investment
- Have a clear understanding of how to play the funding game
After seven years of trading, he exited his business in 2003 and was invited to join a private equity company, Capital Partners, eventually heading up the business angel division. Here he had access to nearly 5,000 angel investors and reviewed more than 1,000 business plans every year.
About the BIPC
Don’t forget we have over £5m worth of online market reports from top publishers Mintel, Frost & Sullivan, Euromonitor amongst others, company data for over 144 million UK and global companies, over 60 million patents and more. With a Reader Pass you can access all of these resources for free before or after your workshop (or in the break if you can’t keep away!) and get your business ahead of the competition.