Product development now needs to be ethically minded in all aspects of the process. Be part of the force for change by learning how we consider this as part of the design journey.
This is a 2-day collaborative workshop which covers how to create sustainable products that are commercially viable product solutions, technically feasible and environmental and socially responsible.
It will provide tangible information and useful coverage of all the challenges faced when being ethically minded in all aspects of the process from product innovation to selecting commercial and manufacturing partners.
Throughout the workshop relevant case studies will be referenced, which will inspire and demonstrate the current best design practice.
Day 1 will cover:
- Lifecycle evaluation (from material selection & processes to beyond recyclability),
- How to project plan and test for success.
- Designing for obsolescence,
- Designing in Marketing principles to ensure a commercially viable product.
- How to drive your business to produce more sustainably innovative solutions
- Can you protect your idea with a patent or registered design?
- Will your idea infringe any third-party IP rights?
- Patent and design strategy
- Environmentally friendly patent applications and the UKIPO ‘Green Channel’
- IP ownership issues
If the event does not have the minimum number of attendees then we reserve the right to cancel and you will be notified two days before the event, and have the option to change to a future workshop.
Meet the delivery partner
Do you want to know more about who’s running this webinar? Take a look at our blog to find out more about what you can expect on the webinar, their expertise and how they can help you.
About the BIPC
Don’t forget we have over £5m worth of online market reports from top publishers Mintel, Frost & Sullivan, Euromonitor amongst others, company data for over 144 million UK and global companies, over 60 million patents and more. With a Reader Pass you can access all of these resources for free before or after your workshop (or in the break if you can’t keep away!) and get your business ahead of the competition.