INSET sessions are free and suitable for Key Stage 2 teaching staff as well as trainee teachers. They provide an opportunity to develop new creative skills around source-based learning that can be used in the classroom as well as find out more about our learning programme. Minimum group size is 10.
The day includes:
1) A workshop of your choice (90 minutes)
Try out one of our primary workshops aimed at students. Sessions provide an opportunity to:
- demonstrate activities which can be used in the classroom
- reflect on pedagogy and best practice
- design your own activities tailored to your students
- find out what your students would do if they came for a visit
2) Use of the Harry M Weinrebe Learning Centre (90 minutes)
This creative space includes digital facilities and can be used for your own purpose, for example a staff meeting or a team-building activity led by you.
- The Harry M Weinrebe Learning Centre is only available for groups that have also booked a workshop
- Sessions run from Monday - Friday and take place at a time to suit you, subject to availability
- Sessions are free of charge
- We have several cafes onsite for lunch. Alternatively you can book our lunch room.
- During your visit, you may also like to register for a Reader Pass