Explore and understand this global phenomenon, learn how you too can change the world
Social Enterprise is attracting immense attention from people wanting to create innovative solutions to the World’s problems. In the last 15 years it has gone from being operated at a micro-level to being seriously applied and studied by governments and academics.
This workshop will introduce you to the basics of social enterprise:
What it means
- How it is practiced
- What makes it different
- How you can engage with it
- The workshop will benefit those wanting to start or grow a social enterprise, or those that want to improve the social impact of their existing businesses and for those interested in the topic
- What is a social enterprise?
- The forces supporting the growth of social enterprise
- Exciting examples from around the world
- Fundamental considerations
- Legal considerations
- The importance of social change and innovation
- Profit and social change – getting the balance right
- Creating sustainable business models
- Networks, resources and sources of support
Robert Foster, co-founder of Red Ochre
Red Ochre is a leading social enterprise consultancy working across the UK and over a dozen countries worldwide. Acknowledged by name in the UK parliament as experts in social enterprise, and recipients of numerous awards they have supported hundreds of social enterprises to achieve trading success. Each year Red Ochre train more than 2.500 people around the world.
Increase your chances of business success.
The British Library Business & IP Centre supports people to start, protect and grow their businesses. Come and access our free market research and intellectual property databases and take part in our regular programme of workshops and events.
Don’t forget we have over £5m worth of online market reports from top publishers Mintel, Frost & Sullivan, Euromonitor amongst others, company data for over 144 million UK and global companies, over 60 million patents and more. With a Reader Pass you can access all of these resources for free before or after your workshop (or in the break if you can’t keep away!) and get your business ahead of the competition.