A two-day festival of words and ideas featuring some of Ireland’s most exciting and accomplished writers.
This event takes place at the Shaw Theatre, 100–110 Euston Rd, London NW1 2AJ.
It will be simultaneously live streamed on the British Library platform. Tickets may be booked either to attend in person (physical), or to watch on our platform (online) either live or within 48 hours on catch up. Viewing links will be sent out shortly before the event.
A collaboration between the British Library and Galway’s renowned Cúirt International Festival of Literature, the Irish Writers Weekend London is a chance to hear from novelists, poets, essayists and comedy writers at the top of their game.
Confirmed participants so far include Emma Dabiri, Wendy Erskine, Suad Aldarra, Audrey Magee, Jessica Traynor, Jan Carson, Sinéad Gleeson, Louise Kennedy, Emile Pine, Patrick Freyne (Saturday) Anne Enright, Roddy Doyle, Nuala O’Connor, Kit de Waal, Megan Nolan, Donal Ryan, Colm Tóibín (on screen), Victoria Kennefick (Sunday).
The full programme will be announced soon.
The programme begins at 11.00 each day, with registration open from 10.00.
Weekend and single Day in-person Passes allow access to any of the sessions on relevant days. Entry to specific sessions may be subject to room capacity.
Presented with the support of Culture Ireland and The Embassy of Ireland, London.
Hotel partner The Doyle Collection.
- Book for the Weekend Pass (in person) £40 (£34 over 60s, £20 students, under 26, disabled)
- Book for the Weekend Online Pass (all Theatre sessions) £15
- Book for the Saturday Pass (in person) £26 (£22 over 60s, £13 students, under 26, disabled)
- Book for the Saturday Online Pass (all Theatre sessions) £10
- Book for the Sunday Pass (in person) £26 (£22 over 60s, £13 students, under 26, disabled)
- Book for the Sunday Online Pass (all Theatre sessions) £10
If you’re attending in person, please arrive no later than 15 minutes before the start time of this event. We are committed to the safety of our event bookers. Find out how we are welcoming you to the Library safely.
The British Library is a charity. Your support helps us open up a world of knowledge and inspiration for everyone. Donate today.