Does blogging still work? Can you monetise it? How do you pick a suitable topic? How often should you post? All these questions and much more will be covered in this workshop for those considering whether they should invest time in a blog.
In this workshop we look at blogging and whether it still has an impact (spoiler: it does but it depends how you do it!) and then we break it down for beginners, including:
- Practicalities: which platform to pick and how to get set up
- Your audience
- How to choose your topic
- What a blog needs from you, commitment-wise
- What a blog can give you and/or your business
- How to monetise a blog
- Dos and don’ts, including how often you need to post and what to share (or not)
- The possibility of turning your blog into a book
- And more…
We will be using lots of examples from real-life blogs to show you what works and doesn’t. There will be a main presentation and then a lot of hands-on work so that you make the most of your time with us. After the event you will be sent resource-filled slides from our main talk and a free eBook, Melissa Addey's The Storytelling Entrepreneur, which offers a wealth of ideas for telling your business story. You will leave with a clear to-do list for your own blog and inspired to get started!
Feedback from previous workshops:
- Loved your practical good sense and your ability to make it seem ‘doable’.
- Entertaining. Useful links and relevant info.
- A very professional presentation with a balance of relevant information and a self-application plan to follow.
- Confidence-boosting tips on moving your writing forwards and information about the realities.
- Excellent structure, great to have exercises, very practical.