Have you written a book (or are planning on writing one) but aren’t sure how to market it? This is the session for you
We’ll be looking at a range of marketing activities including:
- Getting the core basics right: without these, don’t waste time and money on any marketing activities at all.
- Building marketing into the book while you write it.
- Building committed readers by the thousand.
- Creative approaches that are bespoke to you and your book.
- How to set up a ‘reader magnet’
- How a series can run and run
- Changing genres gracefully
- Creating a clear and practical marketing plan for your books
- Making book-related merchandise
- Taking platform decisions: from exclusivity to ‘going wide’
- Reviews: how to get them and use them
- Using social media and other opportunities.
This is an interactive workshop and you will create your own marketing plan while we are together.
You will receive all the workshop slides with many further resources to follow up on, as well as an eBook, Merchandise for Authors, which will help you develop your book-related merchandise.
Feedback on Melissa Addey’s past workshops:
- A most insightful workshop on writing/publishing your book: not to be missed.
- Excellent speaker. Very knowledgeable and willing to share her expertise.
- Hard-won gems of experience from someone who has actually done it. Practical, pragmatic and entertaining.
- An engaging expert writer who imparts her knowledge in a fun and practical way.
- Fun, frantic and full of great tips and ideas!
(We do not take cancellations but if you are unable to attend on the day you will still receive the slides and eBook by email after the workshop).
Don’t forget we have over £5m worth of online market reports from top publishers Mintel, Frost & Sullivan, Euromonitor amongst others, company data for over 144 million UK and global companies, over 60 million patents and more. With a Reader Pass you can access all of these resources for free before or after your workshop (or in the break if you can’t keep away!) and get your business ahead of the competition.