Do you want to use technology to grow your business? Are you trying to work out how to get started?
As a beginner in tech, it's a great advantage to be aware of the digital tools and tech available to help you extend or replace, your website or even create your own app.
This knowledge can be used as a foundation to help you grow your business, take it to the next level and increase your reach.
This session will help you to:
- Learn what to be aware of before diving into the world of tech
- Understand the skills and tools for getting a website, web application, or mobile app built
- Gain practical knowledge about programming languages and development processes
- Learn the relevant terminology in order to get yourself up-to-speed and communicate your needs clearly
- Learn how to hire and successfully manage a relationship with a developer and how to stay on track with the development of a digital product
- Explore options with tools that will help you “Do It Yourself” and minimise costs, rather than hiring a developer to assist you
Absolutely no technical knowledge or experience is required — this session is designed for total beginners and we'll walk you through your options.
There will also be plenty of time to ask questions!
About your speaker
Kay Kukoyi CSM FITOL is a software delivery specialist, global tech start-up mentor, award-winning entrepreneur and speaker. She has written five books for entrepreneurs and SMEs, and has been recognised on the #IB100, the Financial Times and Inclusive Boards list of the 100 Most Influential BAME Leaders in the UK Technology Sector.
Kay is the CEO and Founder of Purposeful Group, an international community and centre for learning focused on entrepreneurship, technology and digital skills training. The company supports and empowers career starters and builders as well as digital upskillers, and supports entrepreneurs around the world through its bestselling books, professional mentoring and specialist workshops and programmes.
After the webinar:
The Reset Restart programme is being delivered by libraries across the country that are part of the British Library Business & IP Centre National Network. We may share your data with your nearest regional Business & IP Centre who may contact you to offer follow-up support as part of the programme.
|Name:||Reset. Restart: Tech 101: build a website or app for your business|
|When:||, 10.00 – 11.30|
|Price:||Admission: Free entry|