Join the Sound of the Year Awards for a special evening announcing this edition’s winners and celebrating 2022’s most significant and enticing sounds. Along with the judges, help decide the overall winner of the awards.
This is an in-person only event at the British Library.
Now in its third year, Sound of the Year Awards celebrates sound in all its forms and from all corners of the globe – from the everyday sounds that encapsulate the events of the past 12 months, to the year’s most innovative and creative sound technologies and compositions. There is even an award for the most unpleasant sound.
We invite sound enthusiasts and professionals to come together to reflect and listen to the best sounds of 2022, at the home of the British Library Sound Archive. Some of our highly respected judges and partners will join us on stage, to guide us through the various categories and sounds.
The event will be bookended by a one-off performance by a special guest artist – who will bring together all SOTYA’s shortlisted sound recordings into a new live set.
Sound Of The Year categories:
- Best Natural Sound – in partnership with the Natural History Museum
- Disappearing Sound: A Sound Worth Saving – in partnership with the British Library
- Composed with Sound – in partnership with Accidental Records
- Best Sound Innovation In Everyday Life – in partnership with Quiet Mark
- Best Imagined Sound – in partnership with The Southbank Centre's National Poetry Library
- Best Innovation In Sound Technology – in partnership with Sound On Sound
- Most Unpleasant Sound – in partnership with Uk Hearing Conservation Association
The Sound of the Year Awards is presented by The Radiophonic Institute. A new organisation born from the profound legacy of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, it is a collaborative institution that champions innovation in sound and music.
Doors and Bar open at 18:00.
Half price tickets available for Members, Students, Under 26s and other concession groups.
Follow @eventsBL on Twitter for the latest events updates.
Please arrive no later than 15 minutes before the start time of this event. We are committed to the safety of our event bookers. Find out how we are welcoming you to the Library safely.
This event will not be live-streamed.
The British Library is a charity. Your support helps us open up a world of knowledge and inspiration for everyone. Donate today.
|Name:||Sound of the Year|
The Knowledge Centre
The British Library
96 Euston Road
Show Map How to get to the Library
From £7 – £14
|Enquiries:||+44 (0)1937 546546
* Please note that there is a £1.50 transaction fee when tickets are posted, or for telephone sales when an e-ticket is requested.