Learn how to take a product idea beyond a sketch or design and hold it in your hands
In this short introductory session, by Tony Fish and Steve Bell, we provide an overview of the latest digital fabrication tools including 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC milling, demystifying the technology and showing you how you can bring your idea to life.
We also provide an introduction to Fab Lab London, the first purpose built open access space for digital fabrication and rapid prototyping in the heart of the City.
The session covers:
- The fundamentals of 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC milling
- The business benefits of digital fabrication for inventors and entrepreneurs
- 3D printing applications: prototyping, market testing and small scale production
- Buying your own equipment vs service based options: time and cost considerations
- The 3D printing process: concept > software modelling > physical prototyping
- Material choices and examples: strength, flexibility, conductivity, antibacterial and more
You also get a chance to hear from an inventor who has been on the journey, starting with his initial idea, creating basic models to enable market testing, and then venturing into rapid prototyping with 3D printing for the first time.
A 3D printer will be working away during the session to demonstrate the capabilities available and one lucky person will get a chance to take the demonstration model home with them.
Tony Fish is co-founder Fab Lab London, investor, entrepreneur and author, with a background in electronics, computing and design. Steve Bell is an entrepreneur with a successful track record in product development, sales, marketing and distribution, working across Europe and Asia Pacific.
|Name:||Think it. Make it. 3D printing essentials for entrepreneurs|
Show Map How to get to the Library
|Enquiries:||+44 (0)1937 546546
* Please note that there is a £1.50 transaction fee when tickets are posted, or for telephone sales when an e-ticket is requested.