Join this one-off session to hear about the most influential trends changing the role of physical stores on the high street.
Using the latest insights from global market researchers Mintel, we’ll cut through all the jargon and data to bring you the headlines for how retail on the high street is changing and how you can still find ways to recover from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The main sections covered will be:
- The impact of the cost-of-living crisis on UK retail and in-store trade
- Market size forecasts for in-store sales
- What consumers expect from shopping locations and the commercial benefits of offering in-store experiences
- Best practice examples of retailers moulding store formats and experiences to meet modern needs
- Consumer attitudes to the role of shopping locations in the community, convenience, price and ethics of shopping in-store.
After a fact-packed presentation there will be an optional chance to stay online for extra Q&A.
You can access Mintel data in Business & IP Centre libraries across the country. Expert staff are there to help you identify the information you need to inform key decisions as you build your business.
About your speaker
Presented by Nicholas Carroll, Category Director for Retail Insights at Mintel
Nick has over eight years of retail research experience with Mintel and oversees Mintel’s Retail Insights in both the UK and Europe with a focus on macro shopping habit trends and innovations. He is regularly called upon by national television channels, such as the BBC and Sky News, as well as frequently providing commentary to national and trade press. Nick joined Mintel in 2014 and holds a BA in History and an MSc in International Retail Marketing.
After the webinar:
The Reset Restart programme is being delivered by libraries across the country that are part of the British Library Business & IP Centre National Network. We may share your data with your nearest regional Business & IP Centre who may contact you to offer follow-up support as part of the programme.