Credo Reference allows the Library's Reader Pass holders to remote access the Credo Reference online service subject to their terms and conditions.
Note: access to credoreference.com implies full compliance with the terms of this usage agreement.
Credo Reference grants the Licensee the non-exclusive and non-transferable rights to:
- Access Credo Reference through this website in order to search Credo and to view, retrieve, and display entries included in the service;
- Electronically bookmark, download and save individual entries and images included in Credo Reference; and
- Print out single copies of individual entries and images from Credo Reference for purposes of private study or research.
Limitations on Use
The licensee may not:
- Use the material contained within for commercial purposes;
- Remove or alter the authors' names or Credo Reference's or third-party copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in Credo Reference;
- Systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple entries of Credo Reference for any purpose;
- Display or distribute any part of Credo Reference on any electronic network, including, without limitation, the Internet and the World Wide Web; and.
- Use any other Licensee’s username and password to access the Credo Reference Service.
The licensee must obtain the written permission of Credo Reference in order to:
- Use all or any part of Credo Reference for any commercial use, meaning any use of Credo Reference for the purposes of monetary reward (whether by the Licensee or any other person or entity) by means of sale, resale, loan, transfer, hire, or other form of exploitation;
- Intentionally distribute the whole or any part of Credo Reference;
- Publish, distribute, or make available works based upon Credo Reference, or works which combine Credo Reference with any other material; or
- Alter, abridge, adapt, or modify Credo Reference.
The Licensee, to the extent applicable, shall use all reasonable efforts to ensure that all Authorized Users are appropriately notified of the importance of respecting the intellectual property rights relating to Credo Reference. Each Authorized User is responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of its user name and password and for all usage of the Credo Reference Service thereunder.
Acknowledgement and Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
AUTHORIZED USERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CREDO REFERENCE IS NOT THE CREATOR OF ANY CONTENT, BUT MERELY A THIRD-PARTY AGGREGATOR. IT DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION NOR ANY INFORMATION FROM ANY OTHER THIRD-PARTY INTERNET RESOURCES. THIS SERVICE IS BEING PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR IMPLIED TERM OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR IMPLIED TERMS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ALL SUCH IMPLIED TERMS AND WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
Credo Reference will not share email addresses with anyone outside Credo Reference or disclose user information to any third party, except as described herein. Credo Reference may use the personal data the Licensee provide online to send the Licensee information about offers that we feel may be of interest to the Licensee. Credo Reference requires contractual obligations with content providers with which it exchanges information as necessary to conduct its business. These exchanges of information ensure safeguards for the privacy of the information we may use. This is the same standard used for information supplied through other means. Only Credo Reference will send the Licensee these direct mailings. In addition, Credo Reference may provide aggregated, anonymous statistical data about use of the Credo Reference service to other persons.