We collect thousands of electronic journals, books and websites and hundreds of databases. You need to come to the Library to use most of these resources.
You need to use the PCs in our Reading Rooms to view most of our electronic resources. You need a Reader Pass to enter our Reading Rooms.
A small number of resources can be accessed on a personal device. Some resources are unavailable in our Yorkshire Reading Room.
If you’re looking for a specific ebook, or ejournal, it's best to search for the title in our catalogue, Explore the British Library. If you're looking for a database you might prefer to browse, or search by title or subject, for resources available:
- bibliographic databases
- indexing/abstracting databases
- full text databases
- journal and ebook collections
- websites recommended by our staff.
A small number of Library subscribed resources are available to Readers outside of our Reading Rooms. Readers can access these with our Remote Eresources service.
Some of our CD-ROM resources are only available from a standalone computer terminal in one of the Library's Reading Rooms. For the location of the computer terminal, refer to the resource description.
Most of the Business & IP resources allow you to download and email of some of their content.
Downloading takes place at the Reference Enquiry desk, so please make a note of the content you want.
Please note this service is delivered with the following conditions:
- All downloading is subject to licensing terms and conditions set by the database publishers. All restrict downloaded information to:
- Personal use only
- One instance per person, organisation, institution, team or group of people visiting the Business & IP Centre.
- Publishers may change or cancel these downloading conditions without prior notice.
- Library staff are obliged to ensure compliance with the terms, and may refuse downloading requests.
- The downloading service is subject to staff availability. It may be withdrawn or reduced during busy times, or when fewer staff are available.