Digital learning to support the professional development of public library teams. Explore the latest free webinars.
Professional Confidence Training
- Positive Steps to Refreshing your Team Cohesion
- Sustaining Professional Confidence in a Changing Work Environment
Coaching Yourself Through the Times We’re In
As we negotiate these uncertain times, it is essential to manage our mind-set, wellbeing, expectations, relationships and personal as well as professional organisational skills. Watch back these refreshing and energising sessions, aimed at library professionals, with leading life coach, Rasheed Ogunlaru.
- Part I - Refresh your personal tool box for achieving positive mental wellbeing
- Part II – Managing Time, Energy and Momentum
Cultural Case Studies
Gain Inspiration from these inspiring Digital / Physical Hybrid Projects that empowered audiences in innovative ways, through challenging and changing times.
- Creating Impactful Engagement through Interactive Exhibitions; a Perspective from the National Archives
- Letting the Community In, Putting Audiences at the Heart of Library Projects; A Perspective from the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, North Carolina, USA
Youth Voice Series
- Part I. How do we reach and empower children through imaginative programming? A perspective from Seven Stories
- Youth Voice in Libraries – Engaging Teenagers (audio only) - Join a panel of experienced youth engagement specialists to consider how libraries might do more to attract and sustain interest and participation from young people into adulthood and beyond.
China / UK - Library Knowledge Exchange Webinar
Marketing and Communications
This series looks at ways of refreshing your approach to Marketing and Communications and developing strategies for developing and sharing content, with experienced Communications Consultant, Miki Lentin.
- Modernise your library communications
- Building effective Marketing and Communications Strategies for Libraries
Producing Online Events for Libraries
Explore this series to glean some inspiration and practical tips on how to run inclusive online events.
- Online Event Production with Storyhouse
- Using Poetry to Engage Digital Audiences - featuring poet and performer Liv Torc in collaboration with National Poetry Day
More information about Liv Torc and Project Haiflu
Navigating the New Unknown: Libraries Services Return
This series focuses on supporting libraries with planning reopening, using case studies from Denmark.
- Stories from Denmark Part II with Christian Lauersen, director of libraries in Roskilde Municipality, Denmark
- Stories from Denmark Part I with Marie Oestergaard, library director of Aarhus Public Libraries
Wellbeing and Resilience: Library Services Resume
Discover strategies for approaching this period of transition with creative consultant Lawrence Becko, aimed at building resilience.
- Wellbeing Series Part I: Navigating the Return to the New Unknown
- Part II Return to the New Unknown: Resilience for Library Professionals
- Managing Burnout - Strategies for Keeping on Track
The digital engagement series is a three-part programme which delves into good marketing practice for libraries, as well as tips and strategies for engaging with library audiences through social media. Presented by Ned Potter, an academic liaison librarian at the University of York, and a trainer for organisations including the Bodleian and the NHS.
- Part 1: Building engagement on Twitter during the pandemic
- Part 2: A jargon-free introduction to Library Marketing and Communication
- Part 3: Engaging users with Facebook and Instagram
Working Well Remotely
This three-part series was developed in collaboration with creative consultant Lawrence Becko and was aimed at promoting wellbeing for library staff adjusting to this period of dramatic change and uncertainty.