Digital learning to support the professional development of public library teams. Explore the latest free webinars.
Knowing your Communities with Create Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire Libraries
How can your library effectively engage with its local communities? How can you help break down barriers to access? How can you tailor strategies to your area?
In this webinar we explore how to make your community engagement projects effective and meaningful with Create Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire Libraries. Their collective change test project Art of Libraries explored how libraries could be hubs for creative engagement and cultural activity in their local communities with a particular focus on engaging groups children, young people and families with barriers to access in town and rural locations.
This session will be of great interest to anyone wanting to engage differently with children, families and young people as a catalyst for a new way of working and thinking across previously disconnected sectors.
Building Your Confidence With Funding Bids
In this two part webinar series we delve into writing funding bids with creative consultant Christina Poulton. Whether you’re new to writing bids, want to build your confidence, or need to refresh your knowledge this session will help you enhance your bid-writing skills.
The sessions cover a number of key skills for bid-writing such as what funders are looking for, jargon busting, planning your bid, pitching your project, budgeting, working with partners, and increasing your chances of success.
Exploring the British Newspaper Archive
In this webinar, Mary McKee, Head of Content Publishing Operations at Findmypast, will guide you through Findmypast and the British Newspaper Archive’s resources to help you assist library users discover their ancestors or uncover the hidden history of their local area.
Unlocking the Power of Evaluation in your Library
For libraries, demonstrating impact is absolutely vital, but it can take a back burner when available resource is low. Join Jacqui Fortnum from The Audience Agency for a reminder of why evaluation matters and how to do it well. With top tips on planning a successful evaluation from scratch, this webinar aims to help guide your approach to celebrating the impact of your next project.
Summer of Stories Webinar Series with Storytrails and The Reading Agency
Explore the potentials of immersive storytelling, VR and AR technologies in public libraries with our 2 part webinar series made in collaboration with Storytrails and The Reading Agency.
- Part 1 – Demystifying Immersive Storytelling
- Part 2 – Bringing to Life the Storytrails and Summer Reading Challenge Activity Pack
Events and Marketing – New Approaches in Changing Times
These webinars explore how libraries can reflect on their activity during the pandemic and can refresh their approaches as restrictions ease:
- Libraries and Social Media – Refresh and Re-Energise Your Approach
- Looking Forward: Programming Inspiring Events in Changing Circumstances with Culturapedia
Wellbeing for Librarians – Recharge and Reflect
At the end of 2021 we took the chance to reflect on the past year for libraries and how to plan for the next with Rasheed Ogunlaru. Watch again now:
Libraries, Climate and Sustainability
What can public libraries do to tackle the climate crisis? How can they be more sustainable? Watch back now to learn more about how to make your library greener and effectively confront issues of sustainability:
An Introduction to Death Positive Libraries
Presented by Living Knowledge Network in collaboration with Libraries Connected
Recently a number of pioneering libraries have been exploring creative ways to help people think and talk about death and loss. This webinar will explore what being “death positive” really means and why it matters. Join Anita Luby, Head of Cultural Services at Redbridge Libraries, to reflect on the impact of implementing death positive initiatives.
View An Introduction to Death Positive Libraries webinar
Professional Confidence Training
- Positive Steps to Refreshing your Team Cohesion
- Sustaining Professional Confidence in a Changing Work Environment
Coaching Yourself Through the Times We’re In
As we negotiate these uncertain times, it is essential to manage our mind-set, wellbeing, expectations, relationships and personal as well as professional organisational skills. Watch back these refreshing and energising sessions, aimed at library professionals, with leading life coach, Rasheed Ogunlaru.
- Part I - Refresh your personal tool box for achieving positive mental wellbeing
- Part II – Managing Time, Energy and Momentum
Cultural Case Studies
Gain Inspiration from these inspiring Digital / Physical Hybrid Projects that empowered audiences in innovative ways, through challenging and changing times.
- Creating Impactful Engagement through Interactive Exhibitions; a Perspective from the National Archives
- Letting the Community In, Putting Audiences at the Heart of Library Projects; A Perspective from the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, North Carolina, USA
Youth Voice Series
- Part I. How do we reach and empower children through imaginative programming? A perspective from Seven Stories
- Youth Voice in Libraries – Engaging Teenagers (audio only) - Join a panel of experienced youth engagement specialists to consider how libraries might do more to attract and sustain interest and participation from young people into adulthood and beyond.
China / UK - Library Knowledge Exchange Webinar
Marketing and Communications
This series looks at ways of refreshing your approach to Marketing and Communications and developing strategies for developing and sharing content, with experienced Communications Consultant, Miki Lentin.
- Modernise your library communications
- Building effective Marketing and Communications Strategies for Libraries
Producing Online Events for Libraries
Explore this series to glean some inspiration and practical tips on how to run inclusive online events.
- Online Event Production with Storyhouse
- Using Poetry to Engage Digital Audiences - featuring poet and performer Liv Torc in collaboration with National Poetry Day
More information about Liv Torc and Project Haiflu
Navigating the New Unknown: Libraries Services Return
This series focuses on supporting libraries with planning reopening, using case studies from Denmark.
- Stories from Denmark Part II with Christian Lauersen, director of libraries in Roskilde Municipality, Denmark
- Stories from Denmark Part I with Marie Oestergaard, library director of Aarhus Public Libraries
Wellbeing and Resilience: Library Services Resume
Discover strategies for approaching this period of transition with creative consultant Lawrence Becko, aimed at building resilience.
- Wellbeing Series Part I: Navigating the Return to the New Unknown
- Part II Return to the New Unknown: Resilience for Library Professionals
- Managing Burnout - Strategies for Keeping on Track
The digital engagement series is a three-part programme which delves into good marketing practice for libraries, as well as tips and strategies for engaging with library audiences through social media. Presented by Ned Potter, an academic liaison librarian at the University of York, and a trainer for organisations including the Bodleian and the NHS.
- Part 1: Building engagement on Twitter during the pandemic
- Part 2: A jargon-free introduction to Library Marketing and Communication
- Part 3: Engaging users with Facebook and Instagram
Working Well Remotely
This three-part series was developed in collaboration with creative consultant Lawrence Becko and was aimed at promoting wellbeing for library staff adjusting to this period of dramatic change and uncertainty.
Share this page
Please consider the environment before printing