We’re back and we can’t wait to see you again. Book Now.
Members' Room open from 1 September 2020
Have you been missing the view of the beautiful King’s Library Tower? We’ve got good news. Our Members’ Room will reopen to Members with a pre-booked ticket from Tuesday 1 September.
The Members’ Room may look a little different. We will be limiting the capacity and will not be serving food and drink for the time being. However, all the other comforts you’re used to enjoying will still be here, with comfy seating, work desks, Wi-Fi and power sockets available throughout. Directional signage will help you find your way and enhanced cleaning will be in place to keep everyone safe.
Whether you’re taking a break after a visit to our exhibitions or simply enjoying the peace and quiet of a workspace that isn’t your living room, we look forward to welcoming back as many of you as we can.
Preparing for your visit
- All Members will be required to pre-book a visit to the Members’ Room. If you would like to bring a friend you must also book their ticket in advance. Book Now.
- The Members’ Room will be open from 12.00 – 15.00, Tuesday – Friday.
- Tickets will be released weekly, on Thursdays at 11.00, for the following Tuesday – Friday.
- To keep everyone safe we’ll be limiting capacity and there will be enhanced cleaning in place.
- You must wear a face covering in all areas of the Library, including at tables and desks in the Members’ Room. If you’re exempt please let a member of staff know.
- You won’t be able to order food and drink for the moment, and we have switched off the water fountains in the building for hygiene reasons. However, Members are temporarily permitted to enjoy their own refreshments in the Members’ Room.
- The King’s Library Café on Floor 1 will be serving hot and cold drinks and cold food only.
- Origin Coffee in the Entrance Hall will be open for takeaway purchases as you exit.
- For any other questions about your visit, please email email@example.com.
- Staff will be present in the Members’ Room to help you with any queries.
Find out how we’re keeping everyone safe.
Become a MemberThe British Library Members’ Room was rated as ‘on of the best in London’ by the Evening Standard. Exclusive access to the Members’ Room is one of the many benefits our Members enjoy by supporting the Library and keeping knowledge, arts, research and culture open to everyone. Find out more about the benefits of British Library Membership and become a Member today.
Data Protection and Track & Trace
In addition to collecting contact details as part of our normal booking process, we will also be recording the times that users enter and leave our premises in order to reduce the risk of a local outbreak of coronavirus.
In line with guidance issued by the Department for Health and Social Care, we will keep these details for 21 days. We will share your contact details with Test and Trace personnel, if asked, in the event of a fellow user or staff member testing positive for coronavirus.
Your data will be kept secure and handled in line with ethical standards and the Data Protection Act at every stage of the process – from its collection and storage by us to its transfer and use by NHS Test and Trace. NHS Test and Trace will handle all data according to the highest ethical and security standards and it will be used only for NHS care, management, evaluation and research.
We’ve been awarded the Industry Standard mark which means we are following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.