We are now accepting applications from current PhD students for 2021/22 placements.
The deadline is 5 pm on Friday 18 December 2020.
Key documents for applicants
Please ensure that you have read the Application Guidelines and the placement project profile before completing and submitting the Application Form.
List of available PhD placement projects
Please click on the project title to download the full project profile.
- The British Library Works of Art
- The “Long Tail” of Born-Digital Publications in the UK: What can we learn from Legal Deposit Data?
- Interactive Digital Media and Web Archiving: Helping Develop the New Media Writing Prize Online Collection
- Investigating Digital Preservation Recommendations for File Format Validation Errors
- Interrogating German Collections at the British Library
- Contemporary North American Indigenous Knowledge at the British Library
- Ottoman Turkish Press in Bulgaria
- Assessing the Research Impact of the British Library’s Major Heritage Acquisitions
- Irish Manuscripts in the British Library
- The Royal Music Library: Understanding Provenance and Collecting Practices
- Cataloguing Hans Sloane’s Natural History Albums
- Science Policy at the British Library
- Digital Conference National Libraries Now: International Perspectives on Library Curation
- Professional Development Training Offers for International Cultural Sector Professionals
- Policy and the Possible Role of the British Library in Climate and Sustainability Debates