This call is now closed.
PhD placements are offered for 3 months full time or, wherever possible, part-time equivalent. A range of projects across the Library's departments and sites is available, as listed below. Where the nature of the project allows it, the option to undertake some or all of the project remotely will be offered..
PhD placement projects for 2022/23
Please click on the project title to download the full project profile.
- Mapping Caribbean Diasporic Networks through correspondence (2022-ACQ-CDN)
- A study of data protection and copyright in the research materials of the Ann Oakley Archive (2022-CB-AO)
- Investigating small publisher fairs across the UK to support collection development for artists’ books and fine press (2022-CB-ART)
- Collecting complex digital publications: Testing an enhanced curation method (2022-CB-EF)
- Developing an enhanced curation framework for contemporary hybrid archives (2022-CB-HAC)
- Public and academic libraries: Current and future collaborations (2022-CE-SDP)
- Valid Validation – What’s wrong with my digital file? (2022-DP-VV)
- Displaced Persons (DP) Camp publications in the British Library (2022-EA-DP)
- Linked open data for Arabic manuscripts within West African collections (2022-EAP-WAF)
- Contextualising a digital photographic archive of Siberian Indigenous peoples (2022-EA-SIB)
- Heritage Made Digital: Bringing the British Library's digitised heritage collections to new audiences (2022-HMD-DIG)
- British Library North: Leeds learning programme development (2022-LE-BLN)
- John Evelyn’s miscellaneous correspondence: Making connections (2022-WH-EVE)
- Pre-1900 Japanese-produced maps in the British Library (2022-WH-MAP)
- Re-discovering prints at the British Library (2022-WH-PR)
How to apply
Please ensure that you have carefully read the Application Guidelines and the placement project description before completing and submitting the Application Form.
This call is now closed. The deadline was 5 pm on Friday 25 February 2022.
Once you have submitted your application, you should receive an auto-reply from us, which will serve as confirmation of receipt. Please ensure you have received this.