The Library is accepting Expressions of Interest for applicants to work with us fellowship application to the AHRC's Early career fellowships in cultural and heritage institutions scheme.
These fellowships are for up to two years to complete a research project. The scheme is open to anyone that meets the following AHRC criteria:
- are within 8 years of completing a PhD and with no more than 6 years post-doctoral experience OR
- are within 8 years of completing a professional qualification and with no more than 6 years professional research experience OR
- have more than 6 years professional non-research experience and are within 8 years of a professional qualification.
The Library is inviting Expressions of Interest for projects that investigate either one of two themes. Download more information about each theme, including who to contact to discuss a project idea:
We are not accepting Expressions of Interest that do not fall within these two themes.
Practical and administrative enquiries about the Library’s involvement in the scheme should be directed to email@example.com.
Full details of the call and themes for all participating institutions can be found by visiting the AHRC website. Enquiries about the scheme (for example, eligibility questions or remit checks) should be directed to AHRC or the co-ordination team at the V&A as outlined in the AHRC call.
An in person and livestreamed townhall event for potential fellowship applicants is being held at the V&A in London (6 December 2022, 11am – 2pm) and will provide an overview of the scheme and an opportunity for your questions to be answered. There are also two online matchmaking events to give potential applicants the opportunity to book a slot to speak with Library representatives about their ideas:
- 2 December 2022, 10am to midday
- 10 January 2023, 2pm to 4pm