- Lead Curator, Printed Heritage Collections 1901-2000
- British Library’s 20th century British Collections; Children’s Literature
I am responsible for the British Library’s collections of material printed in the UK and Ireland from 1901-2000. I have worked in a number of different areas within the Library, including reference services and early printed collections, and have been focused on the 20th century since 2010.
I am particularly interested in the Library’s extensive collection of ephemeral items reflecting the British experience in the First World War and those relating to women’s suffrage, and in British children’s literature from all periods.
- ‘Using research libraries, archives and collections’, in Children’s Literature Studies: a Research Handbook, ed. by M.O. Grenby and Kimberley Reynolds (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2011)
- 'Andrea Immel and Brian Alderson, Tommy Thumb's pretty song-book (Los Angeles: Cotsen Occasion Press, 2013)', Children's Books History Society Newsletter, 108 (April 2014), pp. 4-6
- Animal tales (2015)
- Enduring war: grief, grit and humour (2014)
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat: 400 years of poetry for children (2009)
- Hans Christian Andersen (2005)