- Head of Public Libraries & Community Engagement
- Strategy, engagement, digital leadership
- Related Offices
- CILIP Policy Committee, IFLA’s Public Library Section, Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
Liz White is Head of Public Libraries & Community Engagement and leads a department working at local and national level to increase engagement and improve our understanding of our users.
Her responsibilities include the Living Knowledge Network (a partnership of 31 Public and National Libraries) and the LibraryOn digital transformation project to introduce a unifying presence for public libraries across England. Prior to this role Liz was the British Library’s Head of Strategy Development, where she scoped and introduced the Living Knowledge Vision.
Liz spent the earlier part of her career in the UK Civil Service and has non-executive experience on the boards of the Chartered Management Institute and Libraries Connected.
Liz is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and a Chartered Companion of the Chartered Management Institute.
- 'The British Library 2011-2015' in British Librarianship and Information Work 2011-2015 ed. J. Bowman (2017)
- 'Managing complex collections' [with Alastair Ball] in Repositories for Print: strategies for access, preservation and democracy eds. P. Vattulainen and S. O'Connor (Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co KG, 2018)
Living Knowledge: The British Library 2015 – 2023
Our vision as we look ahead to 2023, our 50th anniversary as the national library of the UK.
Share this page
Please consider the environment before printing