- Head of Higher Education
- higher education policy, research policy, cultural policy, research and partnership development, policy related to academic publications, digital heritage
- Related Offices
- Arts and Humanities Research Council Advisory Board, Knowledge Quarter Science and Innovation Audit Steering Group, Universities UK Open Access Monographs Group
Areas of Responsibility
The Head of Higher Education develops strategic relationships, policy and developments with the higher education sector. This includes the Library’s collaboration with the Alan Turing Institute, the UK’s national institute for data sciences and artificial intelligence.
She works with higher education and research funding and policy bodies, as well as universities to ensure that the British Library policy and strategy respond to key developments and changes in the sector.
Areas of Expertise
- Heritage Data: Challenges and Opportunities for the Heritage Sector (with Rodney Harrison, Hana Morel and Sefryn Penrose), 2017
- 'National Libraries and Academic Books in the Future', in The Academic Book of the Future, ed. by R.E Lyons and S. Rayner (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015)
- Digital resources: researchers need better access and more training, The Guardian Higher Education Network (11 July 2012)