- Head of Collections Programmes
- Digital Collections and Research, Strategy, Programme Management
- Related Offices
- Trustee, Brunel Museum
The Head of Collections Programmes has responsibility for a number of the Library’s major programmes, including:
- Heritage Made Digital portfolio, transform digital access to the Library’s heritage collections.
- The British Library’s partnership with the Qatar Foundation and Qatar National Library, making available archives, manuscripts, maps and sound relating to Gulf History and Arabic Science via the Qatar Digital Library
- Library Systems Transformation Programme to implement a suite of business systems that will enable the effective management of our collections and underpin our core library services.
- Google Books Partnership, digitising and making available hundreds of thousands of the Library’s printed books.
- Save Our Sounds, a major programme of work to safeguard the UK's audio collections, via the Unlocking Our Sound Heritage Project, establish a national radio archive and invest in new technologies to preserve our sound collections.
You can follow Richard on Twitter @_RichardDavies
British Library Qatar Foundation partnership
We've worked with the Qatar Foundation and the Qatar National Library to create a free online resource
Unlocking Our Sound Heritage
Unlocking our Sound Heritage is a UK-wide project that will help save the nation’s sounds and open them up to everyone.
Share this page
Please consider the environment before printing