- Lead Curator, Printed Heritage Collections 1601-1900
- Early printed books (particularly British and Irish), English literature, early newspapers, women’s history, children’s literature, Shakespeare, exhibition curation
- Related Offices
- Day events organiser, CILIP Rare Books and Special Collections Group; RBSCG rep to Historic Libraries Forum committee
I am responsible for the British Library’s collections of Western materials printed 1601-1900, with an emphasis on British and Irish collections. In previous roles at the British Library, I have been the Lead Curator for printed English literature across all periods, and a rare books reference librarian working in the Rare Books and Music Reading Room.
Since becoming a curator in 2010 I have worked on five exhibitions all in the broad area of English literature.
- Shakespeare in Ten Acts (2016)
- Terror and Wonder: the Gothic Imagination (2014-5)
- Picture This: Children’s Illustrated Classics (2013)
- Writing Britain: Wastelands to Wonderlands (2012)
- Out of this World: Science Fiction but not as we know it (2011)