- Head of Research Services
Areas of Responsibility
The Head of Research Services leads on the transformation of the British Library’s services for researchers and research organisations, onsite and online. He is responsible for the development of the contemporary collections for research and the Library systems for discovery, access and use of content and related scholarly infrastructures.
Areas of Expertise
Torsten’s academic background is in history and digital humanities. He joined the British Library from Imperial College London, where he was responsible for the scholarly communications strategy and developed open access and research data services. Previously he was a Programme Manager at Jisc, focusing on digital infrastructure for research.
Torsten has joined or chaired various sector groups relating to scholarly information and research infrastructure, and he is currently:
- Chair of the University and City Library Cologne advisory group
- Member of the Universities UK open access coordination group and the working groups on repositories and open access standards
- Founder and co-host of the London Open Access Network
- Member of the AHRC’s Digital Transformations theme advisory group
- Fellow of the Software Sustainability Institute.
You can follow Torsten on Twitter.