- Published date:
LibraryOn is a digital platform that aims to raise the profile of the UK’s public libraries, connect more people to their local library services and celebrate what libraries offer.
We’re developing a new digital platform to promote what libraries bring to communities across the UK and bring people closer to their local library. If you work in the libraries sector and would like to learn more or get involved while the platform is in development, just visit LibraryOn.org, where you can also sign up for our project newsletter.
LibraryOn is part of Arts Council England’s vision for public libraries and the British Library’s Everyone Engaged portfolio, which aims to make our intellectual heritage available to everyone, regardless of their background or location.
The current phase of funding (June 2021 – March 2024) will enable us to develop and test a public-facing version of the platform. £1.1 million of the funding is ring-fenced to help libraries in England with their digital offers, and will be delivered through a grants programme co-designed with the library sector.
Read blog posts, press releases and partner updates about the early history of LibraryOn (previously referred to as the single digital presence for libraries).
- LibraryOn: researching collaborations between public and university libraries – January 2023
- Developing a Single Digital Presence for public libraries: our journey so far – October 2022
- What’s in a name? Update on the Single Digital Presence project – May 2022
- Update on the Single Digital Presence Project – February 2022
- Supporting public libraries through a national digital presence – August 2020
- A Single Digital Presence for UK libraries: the project and the platform – April 2020
- Arts Council announces £3.4 million to support public libraries around the UK – June 2021
- Five options for a digital presence for public libraries – June 2019
Updates from our partners
- Arts Council England project page
LibraryOn: the next phase of the Single Digital Presence - Arts Council England, November 2022
- FCB Inferno appointed to lead brand development – FCB Inferno news, February 2022
- Case study on the discovery phase – dxw case study, November 2020
- Building a Single Digital Presence for Public Libraries (PDF) – Arts Council England and Carnegie UK Trust document, August 2017
Share this page
Please consider the environment before printing