Our research, professional and methodological expertise covers all disciplines and spans traditional and digital scholarship in all its forms.
In addition to collections-based and archival research, we collaborate with researchers in areas such as field recording, performance analysis, text mining and data visualisation. We have particular expertise in codicology, palaeography, conservation, digital preservation, digital scholarship and large-scale data analytics.
Discover more about staff research interests, profiles and publications.
Our collections and structure
Our Collections & Curation department manages our vast collection of published, written and digital content. The department is made up of four teams:
- Asian & African Collections
- Contemporary British Collections
- European & American Collections
- Western Heritage Collections
- The Digital Scholarship team works across our curatorial teams to support the creation and innovative use of our digital collections.
- The Business & IP Centre provides access to our business resources and collection and supports a national network of regional centres based around the country.
- The Learning Centre delivers a diverse programme of activity inspiring and enhancing understanding of our collections for teaching and learning opportunities, both onsite and online.
- Expertise in Collection Care is helping to make our collections available to all who wish to discover and use them, and preserving them for future generations.