- Capturing and creating the modern (1)
- Exploring identity (1)
- Gender and sexuality (3)
- Gender sexuality courtship and marriage (1)
- Heroes and heroines (1)
- Interpretations of Madness (1)
- Language and ideas (1)
- Language word play and text (1)
- Literature 1950 2000 (1)
- London (2)
- Magic illusion and the supernatural (1)
- Myths monsters and the imagination (1)
- Politics and religion (4)
- Power and politics (2)
- Rise of the novel (1)
- Satire and humour (3)
- The Gothic (1)
- The novel 1832 to 1880 (1)
- Theatre and entertainment (2)
- Tragedies (1)
- Travel colonialism and slavery (2)
Showing 4 results
Language: Curriculum: UK Level: Ages 16 to 18 Subject: English Literature
These activities allow students to explore how Aphra Behn uses character types and tropes associated with carnival in Th...
Language: Curriculum: UK Levels: Ages 11 to 14, Ages 14 to 16, Ages 16 to 18 Subject: English Literature
This teaching pack will introduce students to Ignatius Sancho in his own words through a selection of his letters and in...
Language: Curriculum: UK Levels: Ages 14 to 16, Ages 16 to 18 Subject: English Literature
Through exploring characterisation and setting in Paradise Lost, students will reflect on how transgressive actions and...
Language: English Curriculum: UK Levels: Ages 14 to 16, Ages 16 to 18 Subject: English Literature
A free pack of teaching ideas created by the English and Media Centre, with the Learning team at the British Library.