Our Knowledge Centre provides a theatre with up to five breakout rooms.
An electrical fault is currently affecting our Knowledge Centre. While repair works are taking place, we do have other inspiring spaces available to hire. Please get in touch with us to see if we can help find the right space for your event.
Our purpose-built conference centre is home to:
- theatre/auditorium with tiered seating for up to 255, with a raised stage for four to six seated speakers that is accessible for wheelchair users
- five meeting rooms – named after well-known historic authors – which can be joined to create larger spaces
- designated reception area and cloakroom
- central foyer with bar, toilets and open space for networking, plus quiet corners for privacy with relaxed seating
- separate entrance to the main Library building where our Treasures and exhibition galleries are housed, off the Piazza.
The Knowledge Centre is suitable for business meetings, conferences, presentations, lectures, ceremonies, launches, screenings, panel discussions, interviews, board meetings, talks, workshops, small receptions and training sessions.
Explore the Knowledge Centre using this 3D interactive map, or view the floorplan (PDF).
All areas of the Knowledge Centre are accessible. There is step-free access from the cloakroom to the foyer and bar, main conference rooms and toilets. The theatre has capacity for up to three wheelchairs. A hearing induction loop is installed in the theatre and other meeting rooms have Infra-Red Hearing Support Systems. Please get in touch to find out more.
Audio visual team
We have an expert onsite audio visual team offering dedicated support for your event. Please get in touch to find out more.
From four to 255 people
Share this page
Please consider the environment before printing