The Science Reading Rooms are on the second and third floors at St Pancras and have a wealth of information and resources to help you in your research.
It is the enquiry point for all of the Library's science collections. Here you can view books and journals on computer science, mathematics, astronomy, physics, chemistry, earth sciences, biology, medicine and health, engineering, environment, transport and agriculture.
In the Science Reading Room you can:
- View our extensive open access collection material
- Access online databases and electronic books and journals
- Use our catalogues to order items from our extensive reference collection.
If you need help, ask our Reference Specialists at the Enquiry Desk. They can:
- Guide you to the most appropriate material for your research
- Advise you on how to access and use our printed and electronic collections most effectively
- Help you to use our catalogues and answer your bibliographic enquiries
- Suggest other libraries, archives and institutions that you might find useful in your research, or guide you to relevant websites and free online resources
- Provide a range of free Reader sessions and 1-2-1 consultations to help you find your way around the collections and to make the best use of them.
If your enquiry requires more specialist help than we can provide we will forward your enquiry to the appropriate person in the British Library or suggest alternative sources.
Items on shelves in this Reading Room
- Research level monographs and peer-reviewed journals from 2009 onwards
- An extensive collection of trade and professional journals
- Chemical Abstracts in print, Vol 1–151, 1907–2009