We are pleased to announce that the new PLR system is now live
If you are an existing PLR user you are already registered so won’t need to create a new account
We hope that you will take the opportunity to log on to plr.bl.uk to see the improvements we have made, following the instructions below
Existing PLR Users
Please note - If you have used PLR before May 2021 your existing account has been migrated to a British Library Online Account.
The first time that you log on you need to reset your password following these steps;
- Go to https://plr.bl.uk and click 'log in with my British Library account'
- Do not enter your details but click 'Forgotten your username or password?'
- Then click 'Request a password reset email'
- Enter the email address that was registered on your old PLR account and choose 'submit' which will send you an email entitled ‘Reset your British Library Online account password’
- Please do not press continue, instead close the window and open the ‘Reset your British Library Online account password’ email and open the link
- If the link does not open copy and paste it into your browser
- If you do not receive an email then please contact us
- Once you have clicked the link enter your email address and create a new password
- Once your password has been amended do not click on the ‘click here to log in’ button, instead go to this website https://plr.bl.uk/login
- Click ‘Log in with my British Library account’
- Enter your email address and new password and click ‘Log in’
- You should now be in your PLR online account
If you are unable to log on DO NOT create a new British Library account please contact us on 01937 546030 or email us at email@example.com
For further information regarding the new system please see our FAQs
Not yet registered for PLR?
To benefit from annual Public Library Remuneration (PLR) payments please register on our new PLR system.
If you are a published author, illustrator, editor, translator or audiobook narrator you could receive up to £6,600 per year as a result of public library book loans. Join our community of over 60,000 book contributors who already benefit.
Please make sure that you sign up by 30 June 2021 for inclusion in the 2020/21 calculations.
Every year we announce the most borrowed library books (including ebooks and audiobooks) from the previous year.