This service enables Reader Pass holders to remote access some Library subscribed resources. Normally, these resources are only available on the PCs in the Library's reading rooms.
- Published date:
This service provides access to a small number of our electronic resources. These resources are made available subject to conditions:
- The British Library does not guarantee the availability of this service.
- UK copyright and intellectual property law applies.
- The publishers of these resources may have stipulated further conditions which will be available from links adjacent to the resource listing.
If you breach these conditions your Reader Pass will be suspended, or cancelled. The rights owner might also seek legal sanctions.
- British Online Archives all collections including:
- BBC Handbooks and Listener Research
- Colonial and Missionary records
- Communist Party of Great Britain
- Political History
- Credo Reference
- The following Readex collections:
- African American Newspapers Series 1, 1827-1998
- African American Newspapers Series 2, 1827-1998
- American Broadsides and Ephemera
- American State Papers, 1789-1838
- Caribbean Newspapers 1718-1876
- Early American Imprints, Series I: Evans 1639-1800
- Early American Newspapers, Series 1
- Foreign Broadcast Information Service. Daily Reports 1941-1950, 1974-1996
- Latin American Newspapers Series 1, 1805-1922
- Latin American Newspapers Series 2, 1822-1922
- Rand Daily Mail 1902-1985
- South Asian Newspapers 1864-1922
- US Congressional Serial Set Digital Edition, 1817-1994
- World newspaper Archive: African Newspapers, 1800-1922
Our Remote Resources service has been tested with these browsers:
- Internet Explorer version 7 or above
- Firefox version 3.5 or above
- Safari version 4.0 or above
- Google Chrome
- Opera version 9.6.0 or above.
The service may be accessible with other browsers but the display and functionality cannot be guaranteed. Where the service is acting as a portal to a publisher's web site, that site may cite a preferred browser:
For comments about this service: Feedback form
For enquiries about British Library resources: British Library Reference Team