If you have a Reader Pass you can access a number of our electronic resources on a personal device, wherever you are, and we’re regularly adding to this list.
The Library regularly adds to the number of electronic resources that Readers can access on personal devices. You can find and access all resources available on a personal device from our Find Electronic Resources A-Z list. You can also search for these resources by subject.
Recently we added the following Walter De Gruyter databases to the list of the resources available on a personal device:
- Artists of the World Online
- Bibliotheca Latina Teubneriana
- Byzantinische Bibliographie
- Deutsches Literatur – Lexicon Online
- Germanistik Online
- Historisches Worterbuch der Rhetorik Online
- Hitler. Quellen 1924-45
- Thesaurus Linguae Latinae
- Tillich Online
- Walter de Gruyter [this provides a link to the main Walter De Gruyter platform]
Some databases require more steps to login than others; we have provided instructions for these databases:
- How to access Alexander Street resources on a personal device PDF
- How to access Alexander Street video resources on a personal device PDF
- How to access Adam Matthew digital material on a personal device PDF
- How to access China Academic journals on a personal device PDF
- How to access East View on demand resources on a personal device PDF
- How to access East View resources on a personal device PDF
- How to access De Gruyter resources on a personal device PDF
- How to access Statistical Abstracts of the World on a personal device PDF
- How to access Thesaurus Linguae Latinae on a personal device PDF
Terms and conditions
Please note, you can access these resources subject to our terms and conditions; the British Library does not guarantee the availability of these resources.
Some publishers have stipulated additional conditions of use which you must accept before you can access the resource; including:
UK copyright and intellectual property law applies when you use these resources.
If you breach conditions, your Reader Pass will be suspended, or cancelled. The rights owner might also seek legal sanctions.
For comments about this service: Feedback form
For enquiries about British Library resources: British Library Reference Team