We collect thousands of electronic journals, books and websites and hundreds of databases. You’ll need to come to the British Library to access the majority of these resources.
- Published date:
You need to use PCs in our Reading Rooms to access the majority of our electronic resources. A Reader Pass will allow you to enter our Reading Rooms. Some resources are unavailable in our Boston Spa Reading Room.
You can search or browse for our resources:
- Resource available in all Library Reading Rooms
- Resources available in our Boston Spa, Yorkshire, Reading Room.
Or search the Library’s main catalogue, Explore the British Library.
- bibliographic databases
- indexing/abstracting databases
- full text databases
- journal and ebook collections
- websites recommended by our staff.
If you’re looking for a specific ebook, or ejournal, search for the title in our catalogue, Explore the British Library.
A small number of Library subscribed resources are available to Readers outside of our Reading Rooms. Readers can access these with our Remote Eresources service.
Some of our resources are CD-ROMs that are only available from a standalone computer terminal in one of the Library's Reading Rooms. For the location of the computer terminal, refer to the resource description.
Most of the Business & IP resources allow downloading and emailing of some of their content.
Downloading takes place at the Reference Enquiry desk, so please make a note of the content you want.
Please note this service is delivered with the following conditions:
- All downloading is subject to licensing terms and conditions set by the database publishers. All restrict downloaded information to:
- Personal use only
- One instance per person, organisation, institution, team or group of people visiting the Business & IP Centre.
- Publishers may change or cancel these downloading conditions without prior notice.
- Library staff are obliged to ensure compliance with the terms, and may refuse downloading requests.
- The downloading service is subject to staff availability. It may be withdrawn or reduced during busy times, or when fewer staff are available.