Everyone is welcome to visit our exhibition galleries and public spaces. To use the Reading Rooms at St Pancras and Boston Spa you need a valid Reader Pass.
- Published date:
Extend your Reader Pass
You can extend your expired Reader Pass if you created a British Library Online Account before your pass expired. You will then be able to order collection items before you come in to Reader Registration to renew your pass.
To extend your expired Reader Pass:
- Log in to My Account
- Click the ‘My Service’ tab
- In the British Library Reader section, click ‘Extend Reader Pass’
- Tick the check boxes to signify that you will bring up-to-date photographic proof of identity and address
- Click the ‘Extend’ button.
Renew your Reader Pass
To renew your Reader Pass, come into Reader Registration at St Pancras, London or at Reception at Boston Spa, West Yorkshire.Your pass will be valid from the day you renew. If you have lost your expired pass we can still renew it.
- A three year Reader Pass can be renewed up to six months before the expiry date
- A one year pass can be renewed up to one month before the expiry date.
Please bring personal identification and proof of address.
Replacing a forgotten, lost or stolen pass
If you forget to bring your pass, a temporary pass can be issued for a fee of £5.00. If you have lost your pass and need a replacement, the fee is £10.00. We can only accept cash. In either case you must bring personal identification and proof of address.
If your pass has been stolen and you have a crime number, we will replace your pass free of charge.