Pre-book an appointment to become a Reader.
- Book your New Reader Pass appointment in St Pancras, London
- Book your New Reader Pass appointment in Boston Spa, Yorkshire
Lost, forgotten or need to renew your Reader Pass? No problem, find out how to replace it.
- To prevent queues and make sure everyone can get a Reader Pass you need to make an appointment to visit Reader Registration. Please bear with us if you can’t make an appointment right away. We’ll add more slots as soon as we can
- Appointments are free of charge and need to be booked through our Box Office. If you haven’t booked a ticket from the Library before, you will need set up a Box Office account. This is different to your Reader account and you can set one up the first time you book
- You will need to bring identification documents with you to become a Reader. Find out more about what to bring
- If you will need any assistance during your appointment, like translation services or access needs, please let us know at least 48 hours in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you’ve completed your registration you will receive a Reader Pass, subject to the Library's Conditions of Use.
Unable to attend? Please let us know by emailing email@example.com as they can reallocate your appointment and give more researchers the opportunity to renew.
Find out more about how we’re welcoming you back safely.