Prints, drawings and photographs are vulnerable to damage through handling and use. Watch our video to see the tools and techniques you should use to keep them in good condition.
When handling prints, drawings and photographs, make sure you:
- handle them as little as possible
- avoid touching their surface
- have enough space to work in and any tools to hand
- replace mount covers and protective interleaving
- don’t remove items from protective sleeves.
Watch our video
Our video guide shows the best ways to handle:
- prints photos
- loose prints and drawings
- mounted prints and drawings
- photographs in protective sleeves
- unprotected photographs
- photograph albums.