To get a Reader Pass and access content from our collection and publisher’s platforms, you’ll need to show us some ID.
To get a new pass or to renew or replace a pass, please bring along either:
- a state-issued photo ID, printed with your photo, name and address (driving licence or national ID card)
- two separate documents, one showing your name and one showing your home address.
Types of documents we can accept include:
- State-issued documents e.g. passport
- Bills and financial documents
- NHS documentation e.g. NHS appointment letters and prescriptions
- DVLA documentation or correspondence
- Residency e.g. tenancy agreements.
- We can accept original documents, photos, online versions or scanned copies of the documents above. Please ensure all text is legible
- Some driving licences and national identity cards do not show your address. If yours doesn't, we can't accept it as your sole ID
- All documents need to be valid, or the paperwork issued within the last 12 months
- If necessary, it's up to you to provide official translations for foreign documents
- If you would like to bring a guest aged over 18 into our Reading Rooms they will also need a Reader Pass. If you require a carer or have an adult dependant, they will also need a Reader Pass.
- If you are under 18, see how to apply
- Unfortunately we can't issue a Reader Pass without seeing the ID listed above. Without a Reader Pass, you won't be able to use our Reading Rooms or view items you have requested in advance.
London Reader Registration
T: +44(0)20 7412 7676
Yorkshire Reader Registration
T: +44(0)1937 546060