You will need to bring personal identification and proof of address to register as a Reader.
When you visit us to register for a Reader Pass, or to renew or replace your Reader Pass, please bring with you two identification documents:
- one showing proof of your home address
- one showing your signature.
- we accept online ID, such as a bank statement shown to us via online banking, but we do not accept scanned or photocopied originals.
- some driving licences and national identity cards do not show an address; we are not able to accept these documents.
- it is your responsibility to provide official translations for foreign documents, where necessary.
Proof of your home address
Please note the items below must be less than three months old:
- Utility Bill (Gas, Electricity, Telephone, Internet, Water)
- Bank/Building Society Statement
- Credit Card Statement
- Pension/Benefit/Family Credit letter statement (showing current receipt of benefits)
- Pay Slips (where employer’s and employee’s addresses are stated).
The items below must be in date and valid for the current financial or calendar year (as applicable):
- HM Revenue and Customs Statement (not National insurance cards, numbers or correspondence)
- Home Insurance Policy
- Council Tax Bill
- TV Licence
- University Certificate for Hall of Residence (stamped and signed by institution)
The items below must have a current address:
- Firearms Licence
- Home Office permit to stay/police registration document
- Passports (where the address has been officially entered by the issuing authority)
- National Identity Card with address (where the address has been officially entered by the issuing authority)
- Driving Licence with address (where the address has been officially entered by the issuing authority)
Proof of your signature
You will need to show one of the following, which must bear your signature:
- Driving Licence
- Bank Card
- Credit Card
- National Identity Card
- Police/Customs/Home Office Warrant card
- Sea/Air Masters Licence
London Reader Registration
T: +44(0)20 7412 7676
Monday 10:00 - 17:45
Tuesday 09:30 - 19:45
Wednesday - Thursday 09:30 - 17:45
Friday 09:30 - 16:15
Saturday 09:30 - 16:45
Yorkshire Reader Registration
T: +44(0)1937 546060
Monday - Friday 09.00 - 16.30