- Antiquarianism (3)
- Buddhism (2)
- Christianity (6)
- Clauses and content (2)
- Comedies (1)
- Context (1)
- Country (1)
- Deception drama and misunderstanding (1)
- Elizabethan England (1)
- Ethnicity and identity (1)
- Faith and religion (4)
- Form and genre (6)
- Gender and sexuality (3)
- Global Shakespeare (1)
- Heroes and heroines (1)
- Illuminated texts (6)
- Illuminations and the art of writing (4)
- Islam (3)
- Jewish communities (3)
- Jewish Liturgy (3)
- Judaism (10)
- Language and voice (4)
- Living Texts (3)
- Magic illusion and the supernatural (1)
- Medieval origins (5)
- Myths monsters and the imagination (2)
- Politics and religion (1)
- Power and politics (1)
- Renaissance writers (1)
- Sacred texts (8)
- Scholarship (3)
- Science and nature (1)
- The Hebrew Bible (4)
- The makers of Greek manuscripts (2)
- Town and city (1)
- Tragedies (1)
- Transforming topography (6)
- Women texts and faith (2)
- Abraham ben Jacob ben Tabya ben Sa'adah ben Abraham of the Pijma family [scribe] (1)
- Albumazar (1)
- Angelino Dulcert (1)
- anonymous (3)
- Avraham ben Yitsḥaḳ (scribe) (1)
- Constantine Manasses (author) (1)
- Convenevole da Prato (1)
- Dante Alighieri (2)
- George Akropolites (author) (1)
- George Galesiotes (scribe) (2)
- Ḥayim Kohen (scribe) (1)
- Isaiah ben Elijah of Trani (1)
- John Zonaras (author) (1)
- Leṿi ben Yitsḥaḳ ben Karo of Salamanca [scribe] (1)
- Mattheus Platearius (1)
- Matthew of Ephesus (scribe) (1)
- Mordekhai Emendante [scribe] (1)
- Moses ben Maimon, known as Maimonides [author] (1)
- Pietro Vesconte (2)
- Roger Frugard of Parma (1)
- Samuel Ibn Tibbon [translator] (1)
- Shemu'el ben he ḥaver rabi Ḥayim (scribe) (1)
- Simeon [scribe] (1)
- Solomon ben Isaac (Rashi) (author) (4)
- Unknown (5)
- Wace (1)
- William Langland (1)
Showing 62 results
Manuscript Created date: 14th century
Most Greek manuscripts of the Bible tend only to include a small sub-section of biblical books, for instance, the four G...
Manuscript Created date: 1300–1399
This 14th-century Qur’an from Egypt. The manuscript This Qur’an is written in muhaqqaq script, with ornamental chapter ...
Manuscript Created date: first half of the 14th century
This is a 700-year-old traveller’s guidebook: a practical manual for pilgrims walking St James’s Way to Santiago de Comp...
Manuscript Created date: 1325-1349 CE
Besides the Five Books of Moses, this 14th-century CE manuscript includes the standard Aramaic translation – Targum Onke...
Manuscript Created date: c. 1350–75
Abu Maʿshar (d. 886), also known as Albumazer, was an early Persian physician and astrologer who lived in the city of Ba...
Manuscript Created date: 14th century
Matthew of Ephesus (also known as Manuel Gabalas) was a cleric and scholar in the turbulent world of 14th-century Byzant...
Map Created date: 1350
This fragment of a 14th-century English world map was used as a cover for late-medieval records of a Norfolk estate and...
Manuscript, Illuminated manuscript, Illumination Created date: 14th Century
A highly illuminated medieval Spanish Hagadah. What is the Hagadah? The Hagadah (plural Hagadot), which literally mean...
Manuscript Created date: 1356–57
A Bible historiale was the most frequently copied medieval version of the Bible in French. This vast copy – now in two v...
Manuscript Created date: c. 1335- c. 1340
The magnificent painting in this book was intended as a gift for Robert of Anjou, King of Naples from 1309-43. It illus...
Manuscript Created date: 1312-13
While most works of history in the Byzantine world were composed in prose, Constantine Manasses (c. 1130-c. 1187) wrote...
Book Created date: c. 1365
This book offers us a glimpse of the rituals that ruled medieval life at the highest level of society. It records the de...
Manuscript Created date: c. 1370
Numerous graphic illustrations of the torments and inhabitants of Hell have been painted in the margins of this copy of ...
Manuscript Created date: 1314-15
Created in the early 14th century, probably on Cyprus, this manuscript of the Gospels contains illuminations of the four...
Manuscript Created date: c. 1308–40
Taken from the De Lisle Psalter, this illustration tells the moral story The Three Living and the Three Dead in which th...